Monday, December 3, 2012

OCS and IBOLC news

I have been away or a few days dealing with Life! My hubby informed me that he received his IBOLC school date and it is a whole lot earlier than we were hoping for. <sighs> the life of a military spouse never fails me. His start date is scheduled for Feb 25th. which is just over three months earlier than we had hoped but I miss my man so when duty calls I will pack up my townhouse with a grimace smile! And who knows what his orders will say because our last duty station changed three times so maybe the date will too.

While I'm on the subject of IBOLC I would like to mention a few things I have read up on while trying to prepare myself for being an officers wife. Honestly, my first thought was "Why do I need to prepare myself?" Well, I quickly found out. I am typically a tennis shoe and jeans girls with a dash of five inchers thrown in every now and then but I read that as an officers wife I can not wear jeans to meetings and such....WHHHAAATTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!?! Ok, fine! I can wear the occasional cute pants not to be confused with slacks(seriously, I'm not shopping in the petite section at JCPenny) and sure I will frequent my pumps more often but I will not, will not wear granny heels...four inches or better and I will not compromise on this. NEVER! I also watch the OWN Network show titled Married to the Army. It really shows some sisterhood and makes me think that I will not be totally alone if my husband deploys and I am far from home. However, when the wife of a Major told an enlisted soldiers wife that a statement she made about where she worked and met her husband was offensive, I died, lol. No it was not Magik City it was Hooters!!c! I understand the military is all about ranks however, I do not feel that feeling superiority over someone is ok. I will not stand for anyone talking down to me nor will I do it to anyone else. I also will not change who I am fundamentally to fit in...I am who I am and I think that should be enough. SN: thank goodness I met my husband in college lol

No comments:

Post a Comment