Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Officer Candidate School Wk.6

My hubby is in week six of OCS and is currently in the field completing land navigation. The last time I spoke to him he had just finished the branching ceremony where he was given the branch (job) he would have as an officer. After months upon months of discussing which branch would be best I had decided that I would be fine with any branch other than Infantry. Of course my super soldier was not convinced. Ultimately, he was given Adjutant General branch detail INFANTRY!!I have always been my husbands biggest cheerleader and I won't stop now just because I didn't get my way. Insert: smile and military spouse understanding. With the branch detail program my hubby will be an Infantry Officer for 2-3 years then he will transition into the AG branch. He is thrilled because now he will be able to attend Airborne and Ranger which is huge for him. Still waiting to hear when he will begin IBOLC which is Infantry school to see if the kids and myself will join him.

 I have included a link to the clip of him crossing the stage that was graciously recorded by a fellow army wife who was able to attend. Thanks again Ileana!

Branching Ceremony

*BTW I just purchased my dress for the Officers ball...finally! It sure was hard to find that thin line between sexy and skanky, lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment